Monday, February 4, 2019

Homily for 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time

Homily for the
4th Sunday of Ordinary Time

As has become sadly normal for our SDB community in Maryland, I didn't have an "outside" Mass to celebrate, altho I did take part in the celebration of Consecrated Life Sunday at the pastoral center of the Washington Archdiocese.

But here I offer you a fine Sunday homily from my friend Deacon Greg Kandra (rather than pull up an old one of my own).

Is there any scripture passage more familiar than that reading from Paul’s letter to the Corinthians?

You hear that passage all the time at weddings. I know it was read at my wedding. It’s been used at funerals – most famously, perhaps, at the funeral for Princess Diana, where it was read by Tony Blair.  When he was sworn in as president, Franklin Roosevelt had his family Bible opened to that chapter. He rested his hand on words that proclaim and define the meaning of love.

We hear it so much, we feel as if we know it.
You can read it all at https://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2019/02/a-more-excellent-way-homily-for-february-3-2019-4th-sunday-in-ordinary-time/

No comments: