Sunday, March 25, 2018

By the Grace of God

By the Grace of God
Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil’s Autobiography

(ANS – Bangalore – March 19) – Salesian Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil’s autobiography recounts 557 days of terrorist captivity in war-torn Yemen. The book is a classic testimonial to the truth that the Lord is alive and hears our prayers, and that he will surely answer them in his own good time. This book is a solid assurance that when for the Lord’s sake we face trials on one hand, he will be there to strengthen us with grace on the other.

The book narrates Fr. Tom’s life from childhood to his formation in the Salesian Congregation to his missionary work in Yemen, and it gives a detailed account of his abduction and imprisonment.

Fr. Tom writes: “My aim in writing this book is in the least to present myself as extraordinary. However, there are two reasons. First of all, to testify to everyone how God has been extraordinarily kind to me. Secondly, since my release, I have been flooded with invitations from many people who through their intensive prayers have made my release possible. In spite of my best effort, I have not been able to oblige all invitations. I want to thank all wonderful people and share with them my experience in captivity and miraculous release.”

“A moving testimonial of faith & a timely reminder of the power of prayer,” said Fr. Joyce Thonikuzhiyil, SDB, superior of the Bangalore Province.

KJC Publications, 160 pages.

For more information, please visit: www.kjcpublications.org 

No comments: