Friday, September 29, 2023

Seeing Red

Seeing Red

With the Rector Major's elevation to cardinal coming tomorrow, I thought I might post photos of me with some cardinals. This is the only shot of a cleric who was a cardinal at the time:

Your humble blogger is performing a humble service for Cardinal Antonio Javierre, SDB, in the laundry room of the provincial house, May 21, 1995.

The other shots were taken while the cleric was a future cardinal.
With then-Archbishop Tim Dolan at the Marian Shrine, Sept. 30, 2010, when the relic of Don Bosco was being venerated there.

With Nick Trotta and Archbishop Christophe Pierre, apostolic nuncio to the U.S., at a reception given by the nunciature.  Nick invited me to join him at the reception, May 24, 2018, during my 2-year assignment to the SDB community in Maryland.  Abp. Pierre will be made a cardinal tomorrow.

Finally, with the Rector Major during his visit to St. John Bosco Parish in Port Chester on Nov. 23 last year.  I was usually the one taking the pictures during his visit to the New York area: 
From the Eastern Front: Don Bosco's Successor Visits New Rochelle Province (sdbnews.blogspot.com)





No comments: