Saturday, October 27, 2018

Where, O Where, Has Fr. Mike Been?

Where, O Where, Has Fr. Mike Been?

When I tried to sign in to Blogger on June 9 to post a homily, the blog account was nowhere to be found under either my long-used salesianstudies address or my relatively new one from Holy Cross.  After Google had a problem with Google+ that I heard mention of on the news, I had to sign in again to those 2 gmail accounts.

I spent an extremely frustrating almost 4 weeks trying fruitlessly to find out how to get the blog account just to show up again.  Nothing worked, and there was no way to contact either Blogger, Google, or Microsoft (email, phone, running thru all the "Help" links).  I even wrote an old-fashioned letter, which Google hasn't had time to respond to yet (if they will condescend to do so).

I contacted my trustworthy go-to man for IT back in the Northland, but he was as bamboozled as I was.  I showed the problem to the IT man at school: ditto.

Lo and behold, tonite as I was cruising thru various links at Blogger Tips and Tricks, I hit on one that led me to the mysterious answer to my problem (thank you, Lord!):  the blog was created from my old Juno account, and I had to plug in that email address, and voila! my account appeared, just asking for my password (which was never the issue).

And here I am, faithful readers!

And I have a PILE of homilies I've been waiting to post.  Anybody suffering from insomnia?

No comments: