Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Room with a View

A Room with a View

Today (Sunday, July 12) was a near-perfect summer day...in token of which this photo shot from my bedroom window. The tide is in (it's really yucky at low tide) in the inlet between our baseball field and Five Islands Park (a city park), which is absolutely lush after all the rain we had in June. It's like "welcome to the Northeastern rain forest!" And beyond the park you can see quite a few sailboats out on Long Island Sound--and Long Island itself some 3 miles across the water.

I consider myself lucky that the 3 different times I've lived in the provincial house I've had the same room with this spectacular view--which includes sunrise if I'm up that early (definitely so in the winter). Actually the windows face south, but an eastern view is possible from one window, so I can see the play of the morning light.

No comments: